Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Photo Extra: Zoodle's nursery--the painting

The ongoing project titled "Finish my kid's nursery before he graduates high school" continues! Armed with my computer (loaded with a cool, free, western-themed font I downloaded) a projector borrowed from The Engineer's office, and about $10 worth of materials (craft paints and brushes), I set to work today.

Told you I'd do something with that lasso on the wall! By the way, Zoodle's real name starts with an "E."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Using the projector, I pencilled in the outlines of the "brand" and the letters before turning off the projector and painting them. It worked well, and was a great, simple way to put decorative lettering on the wall. Zoodle could care less...but I sure do like it!

10 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

I remember when I first read Zoodle's actual name. It freaked me out. I felt like a spy or intruder.

Room seems to be really coming together!

caryn said...

How cool. What a great job!

Tiffany said...

Thats soo cute - sometimes I wish we owned a house so that we could do cool stuff like that. The thought usually passes when I think of all the extra stuff that comes with owning and the moving we do as a military family. It would still be fun to actually decorate without getting yelled at about the number of holes though!

Lyndsay said...

A projector? You are killing me here ... in a good way, ya know?

Lindsay @ Makely said...

Very cute, Beth!

Isabella said...

Fantastic idea! Turned out great. :)

Our Scoop said...

Nice! And when in the world do you have time to do that??? You are amazing girlie!

Strange Mamma said...

What a great idea to do that. It looks awesome. I'm hoping to get Asher's new room finished this weekend before Grandma's visit. It was so nice in our old place I just haven't had the drive to get it done over here.

Kristi said...

LOVE it!!!! Now, come to AZ and help me with the boys' room!

Bri said...

Love it, Beth!!