Monday, December 15, 2008

The winner (really!)

And Random.org has once again had the honor of choosing our winner....

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

17

Timestamp: 2008-12-15 19:22:37 UTC

#17...Congratulations to Isabella!! Quite appropriate that Random.org is smiling on her, considering her new blog is titled A Look On The Random Side. (Check it out; it's funny!)

Isabella, I already have your address because of the art pen pal giveaway (which I'm going to get organized very shortly.) So keep your eyes open, and you'll get your nuts in the mail soon! (Yeah, I know--that is indeed a weird sentence if taken out of context.)

Thanks to everyone who entered, and a special thanks to those of you who posted entertaining comments. I mean, I'm a mom of two kids under three; I depend on you guys to bring some fun and distraction to my day. And now for some of my favorites...

From our winner, Isabella:
To be, or not to be: that is the peanut;
Whether ’tis almond in the mind to suffer
The slings and walnuts of outrageous cashews
Or to take arms against a sea of brazil nuts,
And by opposing end them?

From ElleBee:
These look so yummy! They're NUTTIN' like I've ever seen. Of course, I've made the sweet & spicy ones before, but they did NUT turn out like yours! I'll bet you're NUT so happy that you asked us to be creative in our comments, because I'm pretty sure that I could go on like this forever. Or NUT.

From Chris Bowers:
There once was a nut.
C.Beth was her name.
Her recipes are great.
Put others to shame.

4 cups of raw nuts.
She's quick with a knife
For the best of the rest.
See the Engineer's wife.

From Scriptor Senex:
Mouth is watering, juices flowing.
Sugar and Cinnamon and roasted Nuts
– hot.
Want to be cooking, creating, making.
But a crock pot – I have not!

From Our Scoop & her unknowing hubby:
Nuts are fun
Nuts are great
Let's eat some nuts
and Celebrate!

From EliandMe:
Thanks for the warning

"May contain traces of nuts"

On packets of nuts.

From Rachel Cotterill:
I love nuts in all forms - thank you for these recipes, something fun to try over Christmas. I enjoy making this sort of thing anyway, and international postage is expensive - so if I win, can I pick a U.S. blog I've enjoyed and point you in their direction instead??

(I posted that one because it's so incredibly sweet!)

From Tony E.:
Almond Joy Haiku
Sometimes you feel like a nut
Sometimes you don't - Mounds

5 comments:

Crazy Mo said...

Very creative everyone!

Isabella said...

YAY! I won! I'm so excited...I never win contests. :)

Thank you!

Chris said...

Hi Beth, I just wanted you to know that I started using random integer to come up with the featured post at Simply Put and guess what? You won! I just wanted to let you know that I think this is going to change your randomosity for days to come.

C. Beth said...

That rocks, Chris! Thanks! :)

Jenners said...

I feel like a winner because of the recipes!

We were in NYC this past weekend and got the BEST hot sweet almonds from the street vendor. I could have eaten 3 bags by myself!

Those poems were awesome!