Thursday, August 14, 2008

My week

My week (so far)

Rehearsals started for the play
(Wednesday was a LONG day)
Zoodle's fussy, feeling sick
Chickie snorted play dough--ick!
Today I'll play; I'll read a book
Today I just won't clean or cook

Yep, time for a personal day for Mommy. I'll play with Chickie, read to her, read to myself, waste time on the computer, and take a relaxing bath during the kids' naps. I'll even clean up Chickie's toys (with her help), move her books to the new bookshelf, and straighten up the kitchen, since those things, once done, will help me feel more relaxed. But I'm putting off housecleaning and planning leftovers for tonight. Sometimes it's more important to relax than to be Super Mom!

And if you're a mom, whether working or stay at home, you have my official permission to let go of your cooking and cleaning duties for the day. Relax and pick it all back up tomorrow!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Great poem! Enjoy your you day!

Becky said...

Enjoy your "day off" as much as you can! Now you just need to convince the kids that they should give you a break today, too. No trips to the ER, preferably.

LEstes65 said...

I must have sensed this from a distance. Because after work, I took the boys to the local Steak & Shake. Mmmmm....shakes....

Mommy Vern said...

I tried to take the day off too, but everything seemed to be peering at me! Hope you enjoyed yours! :)