Monday, May 12, 2008

My BIG boy's weight update

Today Zoodle and I had our last checkup at the birthing center. I will miss that place!

Zoodle weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces at birth. Six weeks and two days, he weighs...

(Drumroll, please)

...10 pounds 15.5 ounces! Just half an ounce short of 11 pounds. He's gained 3.5 pounds since birth. That's my boy! That's my MILK! I take inordinate pride in my infants' weight gains. (Chickie was a good gainer too as a baby.) It means my body is doing its job making quality milk. Yeah!!

His birth weight was a little short of 50th percentile (maybe about 35th to 40th based on the chart I'm looking at), and his 6 week weight is a little above 50th. (By the way, his head circumference at birth was 13.75 inches, just a little above 25th percentile. My body was thankful for that little head!)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

loved it! Especially since I remember the first day you told a "Flame" story. Love you! Mom