Thursday, November 12, 2009

Well, maybe there WAS a silver lining

Yesterday I posted about Tuesday's frustrating nap time and said there was nothing good about that situation. I wrote that in the afternoon, and by the evening I was rethinking it.

Because of the naptime drama, Zoodle was extra-tired and willingly went to bed before 7:00 Tuesday. I decided it would be a good time to spend some quality time with Chickie. I got out her stepladder and the mixer, and we made cookies.

It was good to spend that time with Chickie.

And they were great cookies.

I'd say that's a pretty good silver lining to Zoodle's naptime thundercloud!

Chunky Kisses Cookies

Want the recipe?

Chunky Kisses Cookies


Ingredients:
1 cup butter (unsalted, softened)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups chopped* Hershey's Kisses, any variety (I used Mint Truffle)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar--cream together very well.
3. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
4. As mixer is turning, slowly add baking soda and salt, and mix well.
5. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well.
6. Turn off mixer and very gently fold chopped Kisses into batter.
7. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
8. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until edges are barely beginning to brown. Cool on wire rack.

*Note: To chop Kisses, first chop the tip (top 1/4 inch) off. Then cut the bottom part into quarters.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Where the sprinkles? I thought ALL of Chickie's cookies had to have sprinkles on them - no matter what kind of cookie. At least when she cooks with Grammy that's the way it is!

Tia said...

So worth it. Ellie and I had a rough day yesterday. Today will be better! Maybe we will make your cookies!

Dan & Hillary said...

Looks like we had similar days!! I wish there was a way to have both kids nap at the same time:-)

Megan Fletcher said...

First, I just saw that we have the same countertops. Funny. Your photo looked so familiar and then it dawned on me.

Second, I'm glad you had some joy amidst the frustration. Isn't it great to be able to see those silver linings? Keep looking for them. I've seen lots lately in our home.

Third, we have naps at the same time here in our house...having twins helps with that!

Mellodee said...

Hmm, I don't think I could used to chocolate chip cookies that are green! Plain ole semi-sweets for me.

Doesn't matter tho, you got to spend special time with your little one. That's what counts!!

2Wired2Tired said...

These look delicious! I might have to give them a try!