Because of the naptime drama, Zoodle was extra-tired and willingly went to bed before 7:00 Tuesday. I decided it would be a good time to spend some quality time with Chickie. I got out her stepladder and the mixer, and we made cookies.
It was good to spend that time with Chickie.
And they were great cookies.
I'd say that's a pretty good silver lining to Zoodle's naptime thundercloud!
Want the recipe?
Chunky Kisses Cookies
based on this recipe at AllRecipes.com
1 cup butter (unsalted, softened)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups chopped* Hershey's Kisses, any variety (I used Mint Truffle)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar--cream together very well.
3. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
4. As mixer is turning, slowly add baking soda and salt, and mix well.
5. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well.
6. Turn off mixer and very gently fold chopped Kisses into batter.
7. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
8. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until edges are barely beginning to brown. Cool on wire rack.
*Note: To chop Kisses, first chop the tip (top 1/4 inch) off. Then cut the bottom part into quarters.