Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Micro: My little vintners

Chickie and Zoodle like to drink grape juice. (Well, it's really 80% water, 20% juice.) Unfortunately, they tend to put their sippy cups down and forget about them.

So occasionally Chickie finds an old sippy (with the toys, in her bedroom, etc.), and she takes a drink from it. She gets a cute, disgusted look on her face, and proclaims, "Mommy, this doesn't taste good!"

So I take it, unscrew the cup, and smell it, and am reminded that, yep...

Grape juice + Time = WINE.

I'm so proud of my little vintners...and very glad that so far they haven't acquired a taste for their product.

P.S. This is Post #600 for me. Yippee!

8 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

I hope you're laying some down for when they're old enough to appreciate it! ;)

Unknown said...

That is too funny. When I was in college my roommate and I kept all manner of juice boxes around in a little plastic set of drawers that held our food stash. We didn't realize that placing said drawers near the radiator would have any affect until we found ourselves up one evening giggling like hyenas after drinking a bunch of juice that had turned to wine. Fun memories.

Unknown said...

It is good that they haven't acquired a taste for it yet...that could be a problem at their ages lol. Your blog makes me smile...and I wanted you to know that!

Call Me Cate said...

600 posts? Wow, I'd say that deserves a nice glass of wine!

If Chickie starts swirling her sippy cups before tasting, we'll all understand why.

LEstes65 said...

"Little vintners" - hahahaha!

Our Scoop said...

Ha ha! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!! I found one of those gems under the couch with milk - that had spilled out and molded the carpet. Talk about feeling like a number one cleaner/mother/housewife. Nasty!!! We probably had like germs up the wazoo. Nasty and a half.

Anna said...

at least that's better than the apple vinegar we find around this house! YUCK!

Anonymous said...

Grape juice + time = wine

Milk + time = ...something pretty disgusting.

We learned quickly to make sure all sippy cups were accounted for at the end of each day.

...and then there was the missing Easter egg that we found in August. Eggs do NOT age well, in case you were wondering.