Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I didn't like it when...

Yesterday...

I didn't like it when Zoodle got up at 5:45 yesterday morning.
But I did like when he went down easily for his nap by 11:30.

I didn't like it when I realized Chickie might have a little cold.
But I did like that she was drowsy enough to cuddle, then sleep, with me during naptime.

I didn't like it when I stepped in dog poop in the back yard.
But I did like that the weather was nice enough for us to play outside.

I didn't like it when the dog barked at the Fed/Ex truck and woke up Zoodle and me from our naps too early, and Zoodle proceeded to cry hysterically from tired frustration for nearly an hour (with occasional cuddles from me) before he stopped crying but didn't go back to sleep.
But I did like...
Oh, forget this Pollyanna crap. There was nothing good about that.

6 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

Well... at least you weren't crying for an hour! :)

Sasha said...

Have you thought about using a white noise machine in his room to drown out household noises? We ended up doing that for WC and still use it at night.

I feel your pain...

Unknown said...

Rofl...I love it....no more Pollyanna huh?! I was reading and saying "well, it's good she's trying to see the silver lining..." then I just cracked up!! (Hubby thought I was insane...though he should be used to me breaking out in random fits of laughter by now!)

Call Me Cate said...

Haha, it's nice you can write about it with a sense of humor. I feel like I got to "live it" with you a bit over Twitter and it definitely sounded like a miserable time for everyone involved.

(Is the dog still living with you today?)

Anonymous said...

Really cute gotcha at the end. I guess if you can see something good in MOST situations, that's pretty good. :)

2cats said...

It could have been the Fedex guy crying for an hour, and I bet your husband would not understood you giving him comfort for an hour.