Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Coolest cup around

Isn't this a pretty coffee cup?

non-paper cup

And...surprise...it's not paper! It's the "Non-paper cup" from the store World Market (called "Cost Plus" in some areas.)

The sleeve and top are both flexible silicone.

silicone lid non-paper cup

The cup itself is porcelain.

porcelain non-paper cup

My only complaint so far? It's hard to get lipstick off the silicone lid. But I can deal with that.

Starbucks gives a 10 cent discount for bringing in your own cup. (This is 16 ounce, or grande-sized, though I'm sure you could have them partially fill it if you'd prefer a tall-sized drink.) And if the thought of a dime discount isn't enough to convince you, just think of the warm, fuzzy feeling you get from helping the environment. (Or is that warm, fuzzy feeling from my nonfat decaf latte with two pumps of peppermint? Either way, it's nice.)

And if you don't want to buy your own super-cool mug (but why wouldn't you?!) ask for a real mug next time you're at Starbucks. If you're staying there to enjoy your drink, you can forego the paper cup and use the real thing. You won't get a discount--but they'll wash the mug for you.

11 comments:

Angela said...

Cool cup. Now if it only came in venti size. I'm a definite fan of the venti 6 pump chai latte. Yum!

Monkey Mae said...

Love this! I must find one!

Unknown said...

Awesome cup! I love the World Market. If we had one closer to where I live I would be in there all the time blowing my money.

Andi said...

Oh I love it, I need one of those asap!

Unknown said...

The World Market is so awesome...I did a lot of X-mas shopping there last year!!

Our Scoop said...

Love it! Love that store too!

Call Me Cate said...

Love the store, love the mug, love that Starbucks gives a discount, love saving trees. And peppermint mochas are heavenly.

Juniper Saltus said...

That is such a neat cup! I totally want one now! And I didn't know that Starbucks gives a discount for bringing your own cup! How nifty!! Thanks for sharing!

2cats said...

I love the cup. I love World Market. I just checked and they have a web site. YEA!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I got my bread book today - thanks so much!!!

bARE-eYED sUN said...

and, don't forget . . .
Starbuck's coffee is Fair Trade coffe, which means farmer's get a fair price for their products, which in turn explains why the coffee is more expensive.

so, you're doing GOOD all around!

kudos! C.Beth,
great idea.

:-)

..
.ero