1. The key to getting small children to stay still at Starbucks long enough for Mommy and Daddy to enjoy their coffee: A creme (coffee-free) Frappuccino.
2. It's hard to have an appropriate level of mercy for a dog with the stomach flu, when he wakes you up at 5 a.m. as he loses his dinner on the carpet.
3. Eavesdropping on your daughter's Sunday School class as she sings (well, yells) Jesus Loves Me? It may hurt Mommy's ears, but it also warms Mommy's heart.
4. If you let your kids sleep way too long during nap time, it will be hard to get them to bed later in the evening. But if it gives you the opportunity to finish a novel during said nap time, it's totally worth it.
5. A guy who will clean up the living room and put both kids to bed while Mom does some Sunday evening grocery shopping? That guy is worth keeping around.