Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween costume photos

We make an interesting family....

A ski bum and a movie star...

ski bum movie star Halloween costume

movie star Halloween costume

(Somebody's been watching a little too much America's Next Top Model....)

A magical princess and (at the last minute) a rock star.

rock star magical princess Halloween costume kids

magical princess Halloween costume

child Halloween costume rock star abcd

I give Lindsay (home decorating blogger extraordinaire and former creator of boutique children's clothing) full credit for the "AB/CD" shirt idea!

Good thing Zoodle's monster costume got moldy. He wasn't exactly crazy about the hat.

monster Halloween costume

Despite the costume difficulty early in the day, it ended up being a treat-filled Halloween. (Well, there was that yellow jacket/wasp that got into my Diet Coke and not only freaked me out but also stung my mouth when I took a swig--but even that could have been much worse.) Hope your day was happy too!

11 comments:

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Wow - hot movie star!

The kiddos look adorable. I love the rock star hair.

Call Me Cate said...

If HGTV has taught me only one thing, it's that it's never good to be too matchy-matchy. Your family may not be a themed set but you still go together quite well.

YOU look amazing. Seriously. And your man made Joe jealous (he really wants to ski). I love Chickie's tights and wonder if they come in my size...

As for Zoodle. I don't want to accuse your kid of anything but I have it on good authority that he deliberately sabotaged the other costume. Consider the evidence you have presented. Exhibit A: Unhappy Zoodle in the green headpiece. Exhibit B: Happy little rock star.

Just saying!

Unknown said...

Love the Zoodle mohawked! And I have to say, it totally adds to the rock star image that his lollipop looks like a cigarette in that first picture.

Mary said...

I am amazed at everyone's creativity this year with their kids costumes - yours included.

Mellodee said...

*Ooooh, that is one amazing dress!!! I want it!! *Wasp bite?? Ouch! Better today? *Kids are hands down adorable! *I'd spend a lot more time in a ski lodge if Ski Guy was there!! It looks like a wonderful time was had by all!

caryn said...

Great costumes!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Hot Mama!!! Hachacha!!

LEstes65 said...

I heard all about the costumes from Pokemon Boy when he got home. So cute to see them for real. How scary about that sting in the mouth!!! So glad you had no reaction!

SurvivorBlessing said...

I didn't grow up with Halloween either - just with "Karneval" in February and that was for pure dressing-up-fun! And becoming a Christian, I was eager to give up Halloween, as it was not that important to me.
I do agree with the general idea of teaching your kids mixed messages in 'beggin' candy at strangers doors. I hated it when I had to go treating before... it is creepy (but it has nothing to do with being Christian or not!). I am just not a stranger-loving person - must be that big-city-girl in me....

Our Scoop said...

You all look great!!

* said...

Great Halloween costumes. Love the rockstar! I'll have to keep that one in mind for future years. (My 2 yr old son refused to wear his zebra costume, so ended up being just himself.)