Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random brain bits, delivered to your computer screen

I really shouldn't wait until almost 10 p.m. to blog, because I can tell in advance, this is gonna be a post full of randomness. Here goes:
  • The term "BFF" (which I'm assuming still means "Best Friends Forever" as it did when I was in junior high in the stone age) bugs me. Do I want to tie myself to a girlfriend for LIFE like I've committed myself to my husband? I love you, my girlfriends who read this! But it's natural in life, as we go through changes, for friendships to grow, and to wane. The term "best friend" is fine, but I'm hesitant to use the word "forever" unless I'm wearing your ring on the third finger on my left hand.
  • Hollywood Week on American Idol just might be my favorite week of the show.
  • You should make this bread; it's awesome: Whole Grain Challah With Cranberries and Orange Zest.
  • After fighting a sore knee and then a lack of energy and motivation the last couple of weeks, my running is back on track. Tuesday I ran 5 km in my fastest time yet (33:15.) It felt great!
  • The Engineer and I have "helped" put away toys in the living room way too many times. ("Helping" usually equating to us doing most of the work.) We're going to crack down and require the kids to pull their weight. Chickie does a good job cleaning her own room; she can do the same thing in the living room.
  • As the judge in Haiti continues to investigate the missionaries, we are hoping and praying they will be released very soon.
That's all I got, y'all!

2 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

I share your disdain for "BFF". When I use it, it's always with a drip of sarcasm and haha. I'm trying desperately to be my own BFF. We'll see how that works out.

Running - I should be finishing week 2 tonight but the winds are horrendous. I'm hoping they die down before I get home or I'm going to have a rough go of it. But I still plan to be out there!

I'm going to be a bit MIA for the rest of the week but please keep me updated on Haiti. It feels like this has been going on forever and no resolution at this point. Still hoping and praying.

Unknown said...

I am continuing to pray for the missionaries in Haiti, your family.

I completely agree with your views on BFF! It is just odd to think of a friend as forever. Nice but not likely.