Thursday, February 25, 2010

Of baking and running...

I love when we bloggers are good influences on each other!

For at least a couple of years I've known that my wonderful bloggy buddy Sasha is a runner. In fact, I first heard of the Couch-to-5K program from her--for a long time I thought it was her invention! (Nope, she's just a graduate and huge fan of the program--like I am now!)

So, I give Sasha a big chunk of the credit for inspiring me to run. (Thanks, Sasha!!) What a cool bit of positive peer pressure!

If you read this blog, you know I'm not just passionate about running.... I'm passionate about baking. Bread, specifically. The book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day has taught me to bake bread for the first time in my life. (In the last two days, I baked six pieces of flatbread and two loaves of bread. My visiting parents are very happy!)

So I felt like a proud mama bird, watching her babies fly for the first time (I know, ridiculously sappy simile there) when I saw Sasha's blog Tuesday. The post title was "I Am Taken Aback by my Domestic-ness", and...you guessed it...she read my blog posts, got the book, and baked her first awesomely delicious loaf of bread!

So, Sasha's turned me into a runner, and I've turned her into a bread baker. And if we both keep up the bread baking...let's hope we both keep up the calorie-burning running too!

12 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Always exciting to inspire and be inspired.

I keep waiting to inspire someone in my ways of face punching. So far, no luck.

Annelie said...

This is such a great part of the blogging community! I am so impressed by both your running & your bread baking, btw!

Dan & Hillary said...

I loved Trader Joe's Herb Focaccia bread (w/ rosemary) and want to try baking my own. Maybe I will:-)

You and Tracy keep me motivated each day to keep movin' on my eliptical:-)

Sasha said...

What a great post! I am absolutely dying to make the blueberry strusel bread you made!

I agree with Snarky A- that is what I love most about the blogging community- the trading of ideas, tip, and tricks, and just the general support. It's become a big part of my life in these last few years.

Janell said...

You'll be happy to know that I too am giving the Artisan Bread book a try - I checked it out at the library. If I end up loving it I'll probably buy it. Thanks for sharing your recommendations!

Juniper Saltus said...

That is so nifty! That's why I love the blogging community. We learn so much from each other.

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

I love visiting both of your blogs everyday!!! Keep up the motivating girls!

Elaine's Semi-Homemade Life said...

I actually LOVE to bake AND cook... but I'm afraid if I start baking, I'll have to run 24/7 to counteract it!

I adore both of you girls! :) Oh... and Sasha was who inspired ME to run, too! And I'm now a 3-time c25k grad!

Anonymous said...

People who don't blog has no idea what they are missing!

CE Webster said...

It is great to inspire and be inspired by others. Thanks for sharing your story.