Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Micro: Now this is how to celebrate

For Valentine's Day we ordered take-out from Carrabba's, and the ordering process was so cool. Saturday we went to their website and entered our entire order online. Sunday The Engineer headed down there while I got the kids to bed, and they brought the food to his car, where he also paid. I didn't even have to pick up the phone, and he didn't even have to get out of the car!

We opened a $10 bottle of wine (that probably would have cost $25 in a restaurant), and I spent about $4 on the ingredients for these hand-made yummies:

Photobucket

I hope your day was a sweet one!

7 comments:

Autumn said...

Love the strawberries!! And I LOVE Carrabbas!!! Sounds like you had an awesome Valentine's Day!!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Mmmm, strawberries :D We had a quiet day at home, it was lovely. Going out on Valentines is almost guaranteed to be a disaster in my experience...

Anonymous said...

Oh my....those Strawberries look delicious! I'm glad you had a nice Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

The strawberries are darling! Sounds like you had a very special evening, without having to get a babysitter and without having to get all gussied up. Perfect!

Our Scoop said...

That sounds like my kind of Valentine's celebration!! Great idea! I love the strawberries. Got any left? :)

Total side note! Just tried the olive oil dough this weekend. Oh my. A fave for sure! Did the onion, rosemary foccacia (sp??) bread and then pizza. Wow. Do you make that one??

Happy Hearts Day to you!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Those look so tasty! Well done!!

Janell said...

That sounds like a perfect date - and all the more because it was so low stress. And oh those strawberries are making my mouth water!