Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Funk

I've been in and out of a funk ever since I found out that some of my cousins were in a Haitian jail. It's been well over two weeks now. Last week I wasn't sure how much of my stress was due to this situation, but when we heard on Wednesday that they would probably be released, my energy suddenly soared and I had a smile on my face! I knew then that their predicament was really affecting my emotions.

That was a week ago, and they are still in jail as I write this on Tuesday. We hope to get more information Wednesday. Things are just so different in Haiti than they are here. Not knowing what to expect is frustrating. If this is hard for me--someone who is not particularly close to my cousins--I know the stress on their immediate families must be intense. Thankfully God's peace and love seem to be flowing through Paul's and Drew's wives.

Trust is key. Stealing quiet times away to connect with God--that's key too. Those things are harder than they sound, but when I manage them, I have much more peace.

Since this is on my mind so much, I figured I might as well blog about it. My ideas for blogging are compromised when I am so distracted! When these guys come home, we will be so relieved. Their spouses, siblings, kids, and parents will be joyful. And way down on the list of benefits...maybe my blog mojo will be back in full force too!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't even imagine going through something like this...and I hope things are resolved soon. ;-)

Call Me Cate said...

"My ideas for blogging are compromised when I am so distracted!"

Nodding my head in major agreement on that.

It seems like this has been going on for so long. I can only imagine what it feels like for those with a personal connection. Or a spouse? I'm glad that their wives are finding calm in this storm.

I keep hoping today will be the day there's a resolution for everyone involved.

Eternal Lizdom said...

What I really wish is that they would just recsolve this, release people... and let the media get back to focusing on the stories that need to be told about rebuilding Haiti, helping Haiti. It's terribly sad to me that the real news has become so distracted by this story... and by Kevin Smith's whiney butt. grrrrr....

Unknown said...

I just read a Yahoo news story that said a Haitian judge had agreed to release "some" of the Americans. I pray your family members are among those released. Will continue to pray for them and the whole group!