Microwave Scalloped Potatoes
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 c. sliced potatoes
1 small onion, sliced thin
Grated cheese (optional)
1. Melt butter in microwave, at full power, in medium-sized bowl. Stir in flour.
2. In a separate container, heat milk, uncovered, at 50% power, for 2 minutes. Stir milk into flour mixture until smooth. Add salt and pepper.
3. Cook, uncovered, at 50% power, for 5-6 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Stir twice during cooking time.
4. In 2-quart microwavable casserole, combine potatoes, onions, and white sauce. Cover with waxed paper. Cook at full power 9 minutes. Stir.
5. Cover and cook at full power for 9-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Optional: Near end of cooking time, stir grated cheese into potatoes to taste, and/or sprinkle cheese on top.
(Note this is an older recipe, and with the high wattages of many newer microwaves, you may need to reduce cook times.)
Mmmmm... Also, cheese is NEVER optional!
This sounds like something delicious that even I could cook! Fabulous! Thank you.
And, I totally agree with Cate on the cheese.
This is something I could definitely do a face plant in.:)
Peace - Rene
I think I will try these tonight! Thanks!
Hey, how are you doing?
Cate--I agree...I LOVE cheese. We buy it in bulk. :)
A.--Let me know how it turns out!!
Not The Rockefellers--Just let it cool before doing a face plant in it. ;)
Amy S.--Thanks for letting me know how much you enjoyed this recipe! I'm glad it turned out well for you!
this really isn't related to the potatoes- although they look very yummy.have you seen the site weelicious.com/
lots of cute kids recipes
Deirdre--That sounds like a great site--thanks for the link!
Post a Comment