Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ouch.

Thursday night Zoodle woke up six times (not including the once or twice he woke before Mommy & Daddy went to bed.) The Engineer discovered at about 1:30 a.m. that Zoodle had a fever, and yesterday morning the doctor confirmed another ear infection.

Ouch. I can tell it really hurts. My normally happy guy has been so grumpy, and--forgive the cheesiness of this statement--but when his ear aches, my heart aches. Listening to him cry also zaps my energy. Combine that with the rough night; and even appropriately rainy, overcast weather; and I'm sitting at the computer at 1:46 p.m., sleepy.

Thankfully Zoodle went down very willingly for a nap. I love his peaceful nap pose, with that little bum in the air.

Photobucket

So Mommy came down to the computer, and what did I do?

Photobucket

Okay, not really. I totally staged that picture. But it's what I feel like doing, and I think for the rest of nap time I'll veg on the couch and watch a TV show, and maybe even snooze a little.

Parenting a sick kid can be hard. But I sure am glad I have the privilege of doing it.

8 comments:

Tia said...

Parenting sick kids is really hard. Hope today is better!

Call Me Cate said...

I hope everyone slept better last night and that Zoodle's ears have improved with the meds.

bARE-eYED sUN said...

you have a wonderful sense of humor,
glad we stopped by.

hope the boy gets well soon,
and ya kin get some rest.

:-)

..
.ero

Unknown said...

I agree completely. I hope last night was a better night, and that Zoodle is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Aweee... I hope last night was better and Zoodle is on the quick road to recovery!!

Unknown said...

Poor Zoodle. Poor mommy & daddy. So sorry--and hope everyone is getting back to normal as quickly as possible!!! Prayers and hugs coming your way!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Take good care of Zoodle- and of Mommy!

forever folding laundry said...

Ear infections are *no* fun, poor guy. And I know they're no fun for mommy as well. Hope those antibiotics kick in soon! :)

~Keri