Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday Micro: Potty training

Zoodle occasionally shows interest in going pee pee in the potty, so I suppose we're in the very early stages of potty training. Last night he wanted to go, and Chickie was in the bathroom too. She wants to "help." Mommy's running commentary went something like this:

"Okay, Zoodle, here we go. No, Chickie, don't touch him there. Just let it out, Zoodle! You're doing great! No, Chickie, you don't need to 'squeeze it out of him.' Stop squeezing him! Stop it! Don't touch him. Just don't touch him. I'm going to have to make you leave the room if you don't stop touching him. You can do it, Zoodle! Did you do it? Okay, keep trying. No, you don't need to flush the potty unless you actually go pee pee. You want to go poopie? Great! Just push it out! All done? Okay, good try."

So do you think I really could leave the potty training to Chickie? I wouldn't mind passing along that particular responsibility....

10 comments:

Kara said...

Abby is Lizzy's best cheer leader the times that Lizzy does manage to pee in the potty. I say we put the 4-year-olds in charge! :-)

Juniper Saltus said...

LOL... that is pretty cute.

Cathy said...

How can anyone read this w/o laughing out loud! Sure made me laugh. I'd loved to have been there.

Lara said...

I really think potty training is the absolute worst of motherhood that I have experienced thus far. Labor and delivery - psh nothing compared to a two year old who won't pee in the potty but walks out of the bathroom and pees in the carpet.

*Monica said...

Ahhh potty training!!! Jack is NOT interested in the least bit. He will sit there, but nothing happens, and like the above comment, he then goes out and pees on the carpet. If you find something that works for Zoodle, please share..lol

LEstes65 said...

That is TOO funny! Our boys have very interesting discussions as one is circumcised (due to early surgery) and one is not. Their discussions on the topic are pretty funny.

Monica said...

LOL! I'm right there with you! Miranda actually produced some pee pee today and was quite shocked- it scared her a little bit! Let the fun begin!

forever folding laundry said...

Potty training is one of my least favorite parts of parenting thus far. Sounds like he's on the right track, though. Hooray!

~Keri

SurvivorBlessing said...

I love potty training! The earlier the better! Lots of encouragement, no pushing necessary! You'll do just fine. And it is a big plus that he shows interest....

Sandra said...

Hilarious! I had to read this to Hubby it was so cute. I'm guessing though that this is one of those stories you children, as teenagers, will NOT like that you have told us about. :)