Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Zoodle's quilt

My mom makes a quilt for each grandchild. I requested a full-sized quilt for Zoodle so that he can use it on his bed when he gets older; that way he won't outgrow it soon. She gave it to us at the reunion, and it is AWESOME--I love it! My artistic sister designed it--thanks, Becki! Here are pictures:

The front:
Photobucket

A close-up of some of the machine quilting on the front. I LOVE the pattern--see the stars and boots quilted in? I should disclose that my mom "outsourced" the quilting on this one though she usually does the quilting herself (and she is darn good at it):
Photobucket

The back of the quilt:
Photobucket

One of the two matching pillow shams (which were an awesome surprise!)
Photobucket

THANK YOU, Mom! I love, love, love it!

4 comments:

SciFi Mama said...

It's gorgeous! You have a very talented Mom. She did a wonderful job on it.

Kama said...

oh, wow! That is beautiful! What an awesome idea to have it made larger, so he can use it as he grows older. And how special that it is from gramma.

Mommy Vern said...

This is adorable! How special to have something made by family! I only wish my mother had the skills to do something like that!

Anonymous said...

So cool! My mom made blankies for each of my three kids and they each still pack those stinky things around (think of Charlie Brown's Pig Pen). She is so talented.