You know you're a Portlander if...
- ...your recycling bin is a dumpster, twice as big as your trash bin. (So cool!)
- ..."doing your hair" means putting it in a ponytail.
- ...a "fancy up-do" means brushing your hair and then putting it in a ponytail.
- ...vegan is totally in--and not just vegan food; vegan belts, earrings, and shoes--because we're all striving for less eco-guilt.
- ...in your wardrobe, fleece is an all-season fabric.
- ...you see a small, 1950s home for $400,000 and think, "What a bargain; we'd better snatch it up before someone else does!"
- ...you go to a park and have trouble finding an open swing for your child since the whole population of the city is outside.
Chickie and Zoodle with my awesome brother and sister-in-law
Chickie and I enjoying cool morning weather (with Zoodle on my back in a carrier)
Chickie playing in the sprinkler/wading area at Saturday Market (Portland's artisan market where my sister-in-law often sells awesome homemade candles.)
Zoodle enjoying the water
Tomorrow we head home for a couple of days before our Saturday flight to Boston.