Sunday, September 27, 2009

A's to your Q's (part 1)

Recently I asked you to submit questions so I could do a Q & A post. Well, you came up with so many questions that I'm going to do the post in two (or more) parts! Here's part 1:

Q:
When you are having a bad day, what do you do to get through it??
-Tia
A:
Sometimes I just get totally worked up and stressed out and don't handle it well. But on days when I handle it better, it's often because I find time to be quiet for just a short time.... Closed eyes, prayer, and deep breathing work wonders.

Q:
Okay...
More of a DO than a Q...
When you look out of your window, describe what you see in 30 words.
(I am doing 30 Word Thursdays now at my blog...try it!)
-TesoriTrovati (Erin)
A:
Water from the roof...drip...drip...drip. Old home. Windows are new, some of the trim is not. Cedar siding, needs painting. Someone on the porch, smoking in the cold.
(That was fun!)

Q:
What do you wish that you had known about raising a child with Chickie that you have now learned with Zoodle?
-TesoriTrovati (Erin)
A:
Be less concerned with "correctly" following a particular parenting philosophy, and more willing to just do what works, as long as it's wise and loving.

Q:
If you could have any profession in the world (other than your current one!) what would it be and why?
-TesoriTrovati (Erin)
A:
I'd love to write for a living. I don't want to write eight hours a day, but wouldn't it be cool to get paid enough for my writing that I get a full-time income from it? I guess I should actually try to publish something instead of just dreaming!

Q:
Is there anything that wouldn't taste better drizzled in chocolate?
-TesoriTrovati (Erin)
A:
Mushrooms. See below.

Q:
What is your definition of success?
-TesoriTrovati (Erin)
A:
Learning.
(Not just from a book.)

Q:
Think back on your wedding day, what would you have done differently?
-Anna
A:
I would have paid someone to do my hair and makeup. (It says a lot about how great that day was, that hair and makeup are the most serious things I would have changed!)

Q:
Okay, speaking of mushrooms, I have long-known that you hate them... and now I'm curious, where did this hatred stem from? (pun intended). I think they're delicious and I don't know how you can't see them for what they really are- FABulous! :) So where did it all begin??
-Claire
A:
I could say fungus isn't meant to be eaten. But that's not true; I love bread, and yeast is a fungus. I could say I had a traumatic experience with a mushroom as a child, but, as interesting as that sounds, it didn't happen. Really, it comes down to this: mushrooms taste completely, nauseatingly disgusting.

I think that's enough for today! More to come Tuesday!

6 comments:

SciFi Mama said...

Nice Q & A. But I must say, I disagree with you on the mushrooms. They are amazingly wonderful. But that's OK that you don't like them. It means there are more mushrooms in the world for me to eat! But it leads me to a Q for you:

If you don't eat mushrooms, what do you put on steak? We eat ours with grilled onions & mushrooms. And A-1 of course!

beckiwithani said...

Where did you write this? Because we don't have cedar siding...

LEstes65 said...

Cute. Can't wait to read the rest!

TesoriTrovati said...

That was fun Beth! I didn't mean to monopolize the questioning!
I think you may have inspired me to do the same someday on my own blog. Enjoy the day! Erin

2cats said...

It was fun to read your answers. I could not agree with you more about mushrooms. They are the most disgusting thing eaten on earth. Blaaa

silver star said...

Your not alone, I feel the same way about mushrooms that you do. Disgusting!