Sunday, September 13, 2009

The sound of...

Overall the trip to Arizona on Friday went very smoothly. After a long day of flying, we still had several hours of driving. My parents picked us up at the airport in Long Beach, California and drove us to their home in Yuma, Arizona.

Even the long drive went well until, less than an hour from our destination, Zoodle decided he'd had enough. Quiet whimpers transitioned into full-fledged wailing. My dad and I in the front seat listened to the cacophany coming from the back seat. Zoodle's cries were accompanied by desperate attempts to calm him down: Chickie was belting "Little Bunny Fu Fu," and Grammy crooned "Jesus Loves Me." It was dissonance at its best (or worst?)

And underneath it all, the stereo was playing the most inappropriate song possible:

Simon and Garfunkle's "The Sound of Silence."

3 comments:

beckiwithani said...

That's funny (because I wasn't there!)

You know, I always spelled it "Little Bunny Foo Foo" in my own head. I wonder how it's "really" spelled. There's probably not a correct spelling for a song like that. Unless the original author had one.

Call Me Cate said...

Sounds like poor Zoodle had just had enough. Poor little man.

I've never trusted Simon and Garfunkle. I think they did it on purpose.

2cats said...

The man knew when enough was enough and was only voicing his opinion. Glad the trip was almost over by the time his opinion became known.