Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Relay for Life (subtitle: Can you spare $10?)



Every year, there are thousands of Relay for Life events around the world. Teams of people camp out at tracks (at high schools, etc.) and for 12 hours, at least one team member must be on the track at all times. Team members raise funds, which go to the American Cancer Society. There's a LOT of money going toward cancer research thanks to these events!

I'll be participating in a Relay for Life event on May 13-14. I have a $200 fundraising goal. The minimum donation is only $10, and I would be so honored if you could spare that amount (or of course more if you'd like.)

The Engineer's father died of heart disease and cancer. My grandfather died of cancer. I have a friend currently fighting cancer. And another friend is a cancer-free survivor; she's joining the same relay team as I am. So--like many of us--I have plenty of people to walk in honor of and in memory of.

I can't post the link to my fundraising page here, because it has too much personal information on it. But if you'd like to donate, you can email me at cbethblog@gmail.com, and I'll send you the link. Or comment here, making sure to include your email address if it's not linked to your Blogger profile, and I'll email you.

I really hope to meet my fundraising goal, so while I'm short of it, you can expect to hear more about this event. Whether you can donate or just give your encouragement, I appreciate it. Thanks for helping fight cancer!

4 comments:

SurvivorBlessing said...

I linked your post to my post - hope you don't mind!

http://survivorblessing.blogspot.com/2011/03/relay-for-life-participant.html

Sandra said...

Beth -- I'm walking in a cancer walk here in June and am also collecting funds. If you would be willing to donate to MY walk, I would gladly donate a like amount to YOUR walk, and we wouldn't have to make any real transfer of funds! E-mail me if that interests you. :)

Angela said...

This will be my 3rd year walking and being co-captain of a team. Great cause! I'm glad to see you're walking this year.

forever folding laundry said...

We lost a dear friend last night
to multiple myeloma.
Email me - I'll donate.

~Keri