Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Zoodle's nursery--the cool iron thing!

I still don't know what to call this...

Photobucket

...but you guys gave me so many amazing suggestions on how to use it for Zoodle's work-in-progress nursery. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I plan to continue doing some home decoration after the nursery is done, and I also plan to keep coming back here for suggestions.

I based my decision not on what the best suggestion was (how would I have chosen?!), but on what I thought would look cute and already had on hand...making this essentially a free project! I used a combination of suggestions from various awesome blog readers, including a brilliant comment from my mom, who said, "It would be so cute if you had some chaps!" (They were very easy to make.)

And here it is. (The Engineer will have to be the one to hang it up. Not my area of expertise.)

Photobucket

Yee haw, isn't that just so cute? The room is coming together nicely, and soon I hope to have photos of the finished project. However,"finished" is a relative term.... I plan to keep my eyes open for more great Western-themed items to add to the decor.

10 comments:

silver star said...

That looks great!

*Monica said...

awww, how cute are the tiny chaps!

Call Me Cate said...

Love it! I'm really enjoying decorating Zoodle's room with you and can't wait until we start Chickie's!

Isabella said...

Adorable! Can't wait to see the room all together. :)

Our Scoop said...

Ok! SO GREAT! You made the chaps??? WOW! You are awesome. Great job CB!

Dani said...

That is so adorable! Great choices!

Anonymous said...

Perfect! :)

C. Beth said...

Thanks, everyone! :)

Sandi said...

Love it! I especially dig those little chaps! I'd love to do a theme room for my boys but I know they would just destroy it!

Anonymous said...

The chaps are a riot! Wish I had thought of that when we did 1st boy's our cowboy room. All you need now is a 10-gallon hat hanging on the left side!

Give yourself time with this room... we collected little items over the course of a year or two as we traveled and shopped for other things. Whenever we'd find something unique, like a buckin' bronco music box in Sedona, AZ, we'd pick it up (within reason).

I also found a poster of the Cowboy Ten Commandments at a little Texas shop where my parents live. So cute! I'm sure you can google that and find one or make one yourself.

Have fun!