Thursday, April 2, 2009

PotLUCK!

Tuesday night, my good friend L. had a potluck at her house for the church. And the potluck really lived up to its name.

Lucky me--I got mommy time! Zoodle was sick, which is not exactly lucky, but The (Wonderful, Kind, Awesome) Engineer stayed home with the kiddos, and my church potluck turned into an adult, social experience for me. When I heard crazy noise upstairs where the kids were playing, I didn't even care about the racket--I was just thrilled I didn't have to go up there to check it out! (Turns out they were playing "hail storm.") I talked to adults, stayed out way past the kids' bedtime, and didn't have to change one diaper or negotiate one toy-sharing incident. Heaven.

Lucky me--I partook in the potluck without contributing. I wasn't sure if I'd be going at all due to Zoodle's fever, so L. bought the sour cream that I'd volunteered to bring. When I was about to leave, I called her to find out what they still needed--and was told to just bring myself. I feasted on L.'s amazing chili, plus plenty of side dishes, homemade iced tea, coffee, and dessert. And I didn't even have to cook or shop.

Lucky me--I got to watch American Idol with other fans of the show. As we ate chili and chocolate chip cookies, we discussed Lil's song choices and Adam's leisure suit. Great times.

Of course, I brought my camera so that I could share my lucky night with bloggers. When I saw a kitchen full of food and smiling people, I hit the power button and was greeted with the message, "NO MEMORY CARD." Oh, well--my luck had to run out sometime.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW... sounds nice! hope that Jason did okay with the kiddos!!!!

Crazy Mo said...

Aren't those little snatches of paradise wonderful? Only a mom can truly appreciate that, too. Glad you had a good time ... you deserve it!

Call Me Cate said...

Sounds like a good night to me! I'm glad you were still able to get out even though Zoodle wasn't feeling well. Hope he's better this morning!

Isabella said...

Food, adult social time...sounds like my kind of fun! (a memory card is a small price to pay)

I hope Zoodle is feeling better.

:)

Becky said...

Sounds like a great time! Those rare times of adult interaction are priceless.

Stacey said...

It's so funny the ways those prefect adult momentscome around...glad you enjoyed yourself. By the way - thanks for stopping by to read my blog and leaving your sweet comments!

septembermom said...

Sounds like a fun night! I need to make more time to watch American Idol. I'm clueless about the contestants this year. I have bad luck with my camera at the most inopportune moments too!

C. Beth said...

Rebecca--He did great! :)

Crazy Mo--Oh, yes, we have to cherish those "little snatches of paradise."

Call Me Cate--He is finally better today--thanks!

Isabella--My kind of fun too! Zoodle is better today. :)

Becky--Yes, adult interaction--so important!

Stacey--And thank you for coming by here!

septembermom--We've been watching AI since the first season. :)

Our Scoop said...

I am so happy for you! Those are awesome moments to cherish. It's amazing how you feel so recharged too and come back an even better mommy. Bless the Engineer! That was super nice!!

Sandra said...

What a nice surprise for you to have an unexpected "adult" night!

It was great that Engineer encouraged you to go alone.

I hope Zoodle is all better now. :)