Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hannah Montana

Little Sis, the fifteen-year-old I mentor, spent the night last night. Later today...we're going to see the new Hannah Montana movie. I suppose I should write some snarky post about what a waste this is--I hardly ever get to go see movies, and here I am going to see such drivel. But I have a confession.

I'm excited!

I never grew out of my preteen love of silly, simple, girly movies and TV shows. As a teen, I genuinely looked forward to my Saturday morning episode of Saved by the Bell. And as an adult, I really enjoyed watching The Princess Diaries. There's something refreshing about stories that always turn out well. They're predictable, and they make me happy.

So I hope you have a great Saturday. I will--me, Little Sis, and Hannah Montana.

11 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I knew we were a perfect match; I could think of nothing I enjoyed more than getting up to watch Saved by the Bell ...

M. Bail said...

Have you seen the movie "13 going on 30"? That's a good girlie flick, too. I'm sure we'll end up at the Hannah Montana movie too!

caryn said...

Your not alone!

Call Me Cate said...

Saved by the Bell brought me many happy Saturday mornings. It's possible I *still* watch an episode now and then if I stumble upon it.

Have fun with your Little Sis!

Mary said...

Love Saved By The Bell. And sometimes I watch Hannah Montana. I saw the video for her song "The Climb" - it was very good and if its indication about the movie, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Have fun!

Chris said...

Have fun!

Kara said...

I still love all those feel-good teen things! Heck, I LOVED High School Musical! And when I was pregnant with Abby, I found my old collection of Baby-Sitter's Club and Sweet Valley Twins and read 'em all. If I had a tween girl in my life, I'm sure I'd be secretly thrilled to be in on the Hannah Montana obsession :-)

Unknown said...

I'm with Embee..."13 Going on 30" is a totally fun movie! Hope you enjoy "HM". I've heard it's actually pretty decent with a good story line. Have fun!

C. Beth said...

Lyndsay--Woo hoo, wasn't it a GREAT show? :)

Embee--I haven't seen that--but want to!

caryn--Yaay! :)

Call Me Cate--Everything was so simple in that world, wasn't it?

Mary--It really was a fun movie!

Chris--Thanks, we did1

Kara--I still haven't seen the HSM movies! I need to remedy that! And I loved those book series too!

ElleBee--It was fun. Predictable in most ways, and fairly formulaic--but still enjoyable!

Bri said...

We saw it on Friday night... it was really funny. It is definitely on our "to buy" list!

Renee Duenas said...

My 10 year old daughter and I saw it twice! The song she sang to her dad made both of us cry! Loved it!