Sunday, April 26, 2009

The hardest-working member of our household

She's tall, thin, and beautiful, and always willing to work.

Well, as long as she's charged, that is.

Photobucket

I really love our Electrolux stick vacuum. It's pretty enough to keep out--and I keep it right next to the kitchen table. (It's amazing to me that our kids gain any weight since they seem to drop more food on the floor than I put on their plates.) I am barefoot a lot of the time, and I really get tired of using my feet as dry mops, every spare crumb sticking to the bottom of them.

And when it comes down to it, I really could do a major vacuum/mop on the tile daily, and I won't confess how VERY far from that ideal I am. So our trusty stick vac does the job of picking up spare bits of this 'n' that, sometimes multiple times a day.

I love that a hand vac is incorporated into the unit--it pops right out when I push those little buttons on the side.

Photobucket

With the hand vac, I can pick up Cheerios and such, and sometimes I even use it on a particularly "crumb-y" tabletop.

We paid about $40 for this (a refurbished model) at Big Lots about a year and a half ago. To say it was worth it is an understatement. I'm not sure how we got through the first two years of Chickie's life without it.

6 comments:

Dani said...

How lovely! I should get one of those! haha - You really should look into being paid for these advertisements! :)

Call Me Cate said...

She's quite sexy! My vacuum would be so jealous.

Unknown said...

We're in need of a new stick vacuum and while reading your post was Google-ing for it and noticed a safety recall that you may want to check - you didn't mention what model your family has but just in case FYI:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09169.html

C. Beth said...

Dani--Actually I went back and read this, and it totally sounds like I'm being paid for it! Nope...just passionate about my red lady. :)

Call Me Cate--Isn't she, though?!

Larissa--Thank you so much for the link! I checked, and thankfully our particular model is not included.

Lindsay @ Makely said...

We have one, too! I love it. It's so great for quick clean ups and I love that the hand-held part pops right off.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I have this exact same thing.

I love it deeply.