Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving, in pictures

Our Thanksgiving was wonderful! I went on a longish run in the morning, ending at Starbucks for a Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino. Yum!

At about 4, we all loaded up in the car. Even the cold weather and overcast skies...
Photobucket

...couldn't ruin our good moods as we headed to Maggiano's for a special dinner!
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

As we waited for our food...
Photobucket

...Daddy played Tic-Tac-Toe with Zoodle, and I got a little cuddle from Chickie.
Photobucket Photobucket

The family-style Thanksgiving menu was amazing...bruschetta and salads to start, and then the main courses and side dishes...
Photobucket

...followed by dessert, including their delicious tiramisu.
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

Best of all, we came home with LOTS of leftovers!
Photobucket

Wes spent some time at a friend's house, and after putting the kids to bed back at home, The Engineer and I browsed Black Friday ads.

We didn't get up for any of the 4 a.m. store openings, but we did all head out at about 8:30 a.m. to shop...and of course we found plenty of bargains.
Photobucket

More time with friends on Friday night rounded out the Thanksgiving holiday nicely. I hope your Thanksgiving was full of gratitude and joy!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lovely day. No dishes would be amazing.

Mellodee said...

Except for the year that everyone was sick but me, I haven't ever eaten in a restaurant for T-Day. I have suggested it a time or two, but have always been shot down!

I am impressed that you braved the crowds to shop yesterday! From the contents of your trunk, it sure seems it was wothwhile!

Call Me Cate said...

I'm glad you have lots of leftovers and no dirty dishes. We probably have fewer leftovers than you and a LOT more dirty dishes. And that tiramisu looks amazing...

Megan Fletcher said...

how did you get your pictures to post like this? I love the simplicity and beauty of your Thanksgiving! looks like it was a great day.

LEstes65 said...

Thank you for sending me the tiramisu pic that day! And I'm wondering which bag in the back of the car has MY present in it??? (har)

Sandra said...

We didn't cook this year either -- we ordered the whole meal from Cracker Barrel. A very good, traditional meal (definitely no tirimisu!) and nice to have some leftovers too. I don't envy you being out in all that shopping craziness on black Friday, although from the looks of it, you got alot done. Good for you!