Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A patriotic cake

Some people go all out on Independence Day to show their patriotism--wearing red, white, and blue from head to toe. Others may look plain on the outside, but they're full of patriotism inside.

Kinda like this cake. Plain on the outside...

Photobucket

...but patriotic on the inside!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I found the tutorial for this cake on this blog, and I knew I wanted to try it. I did learn some lessons that I'll put to use next time I make it. (In other words, I made some mistakes!) But I ended up being pretty happy with the final product!

Hope you enjoyed your Independence Day weekend!

8 comments:

Kara said...

Very cute!

Call Me Cate said...

But how did it taste? I say not bad for a first attempt. It's certainly better than mine would've turned out.

Better watch it though - or next occasion, Chickie will want a cake that looks like Dora on the outside and dinosaurs on the inside!

beckiwithani said...

That is SO COOL!

Mellodee said...

Any doofus can make the outside of a cake look sort of patriotic....all it takes are some sprinkles and some red, white, and blue frosting! But the inside?? Wow, that is an achievement!! Good job!

Renee Thompson said...

Great cake Beth! I like the round patriotic cake best. Thanks for the idea.

Traci said...

Wow, that's impressive!!

Some Guy said...

The cake does look delicious, but next year how about having all 13 stripes of the flag in the cake...

Sandra said...

What a darling cake! You are very creative. :)