Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Flowers flowers flowers!

Chickie wanted me to crochet her a hat, so I let her look at pictures online. She passed over hat after hat after hat. Several had big flowers attached to them, which I really thought she'd like. Why was she being so picky?

Finally, she settled on one. It didn't just have one big flower, but multiple ones. Very girly! I ended up not using that pattern, but I used the general idea. I made it with this hat pattern, and this flower pattern.

So here it is, her very flowery hat. It's gaudy, but in a cute way...and it's just what she wanted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope you're bearing with me on all the craft-related posts recently. For some reason I'm in a craft phase lately. I'm loving the crocheting! I may get tired of my crochet hook at some point, but for now, I'm having fun. My relatives had better be prepared for lots of yarn-related gifts this Christmas!

8 comments:

Kara said...

Adorable! (and I think 4-year-olds thrive on gaudiness anyway, don't they? :-)

Call Me Cate said...

I love it! I say let them where the bright vibrant crazy stuff at that age because if we wore a hat like that at our (totally young, not advanced at all) age, the response wouldn't be "oh, how cute!".

And Chickie is such a creative girl. It's great that you're letting her make those kinds of choices and encouraging her artistic side.

Unknown said...

That is too cute! Dare I say that it makes me sort of wish for a little girl so I can have some pink and flowers in my life.

Cathy said...

Adorable. But if you plan to use hats for Christmas gifts, I'll pass on having a matching one. A grammy with flowers on her head might look like a grammy that has lost it!

Laurel said...

I LOVE IT!!! very girly and fun :-).

Toni said...

That's really cute! A friend of mine on FB has a little girl and she has a white crocheted hat sort of like that she wears all the time and it looks adorable. They just clip on different decorations to match the outfit she's wearing. I wish I could show you a pic. It's really cute.

SurvivorBlessing said...

I like Cathy's commend!!!
Way to go!

Sandra said...

That is an absolutely adorable hat and looks perfect on adorable Chickie! Great job!