Monday, September 8, 2008

Sweet Robot Love

About a month ago, we went to see the animated film WALL-E, and Chickie hasn't stopped talking about it. She loves pretending that her toys are the brilliantly animated robots WALL-E and EVE. So yesterday when I saw purple WALL-E shirts, I made Chickie's day by buying her one. Even before she put it on this morning, I think her pure enjoyment just holding the shirt and playing with it had already justified the $5 price tag.

As I put Zoodle back into the car in the store parking lot, Chickie was sitting in the shopping cart holding her treasured shirt. She referred to it as a birthday gift, and I said, "No, Chickie, it's not your birthday. Mommy just got that for you because I love you!"

Chickie was gazing down at the shirt and speaking softly, but I heard her sweet little voice say, "I love you, Mommy."

My heart sang! An unsolicited "I love you" from Chickie is a rare event indeed. "Oh, baby," I said earnestly, "I love you too!"

She repeated her statement more loudly, in a tone of voice that clearly told me she wanted to correct me.

"I love you, WALL-E."

Thanks a lot, Disney.

5 comments:

Dan & Hillary said...

Thanks for making me smile, Ana! Don't forget to ask your mom who the Disney princesses are;-)
(Beth- thanks for your comment- and the prayers:-)
I used to work at Camp Tejas in Giddings for two summers. Great memories...

Lyndsay said...

Beth,

Too funny! We spent last night wrapping presents and now Kate keeps asking for her "birthday present". It's going to feel like an eternity to January if I have to keep listening to this :)

Lyndsay

Becky said...

Oh, no! What a letdown.

How cute that she likes WALL-E so much, though! It didn't even dawn on me that would be a movie that would appeal to young children. I haven't seen it yet, so I really have no idea what it's about, but I've heard it's good! I guess I'll probably be buying that one for the kids when it comes out on DVD.

crafter said...

That is so funny! We hear what we want to hear I guess.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It is nice to have new visitiors so I can go check out their blogs as well. Always great to meet new people.

Monya

Shel said...

Beth, I get such a kick out of the things your little girl says. I'm still chuckling thinking about her love for her new shirt... Roshel