Monday, September 1, 2008

Announcement

Man, isn't it annoying when people broadcast to the world that it's their birthday, just to get attention?

But isn't it sweet when someone tells you about someone else's birthday so you can send along your best wishes?

With that in mind, I'd like to announce that today is my twin sister Becki's 31st birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Becki!

Let's take a little trip back in time....

This is my mom, 35 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins (2 weeks before we were born.) Didn't she look great?



Here are the newborn babes (me on the right, Becki on the left), 9/2/77 (1 day old):



Here we are celebrating our second birthday. (I'm on the left.)



In honor of my...um, I mean, Becki's...birthday, I had a little party last night. Becki, sorry you couldn't come to "your" party, living halfway across the country and all. Crazy folks at Baskin Robbins put my name on the cake instead of hers. Weirdos. (By the way, don't you think everyone should have an ice cream cake from 31 Flavors for their 31st birthday?)



I was quite proud that my old lady lung capacity is still capable of blowing out four candles.



Lastly, I realize many of you have never met Becki. People always wonder if we look alike. We are identical twins, but we don't look as much alike as we did as children. I'll let you judge for yourself. (And let me take this opportunity to confess that the 1.3 MB webcam on my Toshiba PC is green with envy looking at the picture from Becki's high resolution Mac webcam.)





Becki, hope your day is great, and as always I wish we were together to share it!

10 comments:

Angie said...

I wou8ld like to wish Becki a VERY Happy Birthday! And Beth, even though you didn't mention your birthday at all, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it's yours as well. Happy Birthday, Beth! I'm assuming one of you wasn't born before midnight and the other after midnight giving you different birthdays. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th (why not 31 candles?)birthday Beth, I mean Becki!!!! hope you have a great day with your family!!!!! thinking of you today!

beckiwithani said...

Happy birthday you, I mean me!

My webcam could kick your webcam's butt. (And is the pic from your cam a pukey shade because it is green with envy? Just wondering....)

Beth forgot to mention that she is the OLDER twin. She always gloated about this, but I think the gloating rights went to me around our 30th birthday...

Laurel said...

Beth:
Wow! Thank you for sharing...your Mom looks so pretty...I can definitely see you and even Ana in her. Happy Birthday to Becki! and oh yeah, to the much, much older (by 5 minutes) twin, Carol Beth. Question is, is your t-shirt correct, are you really the evil twin. Ha!!! or are you the more.....

Unknown said...

31 years ago today, we couldn't imagine a world of blogs and webcams, much less which webcam can kick the other webcam's behonkus (Sean, is that the correct spelling?)! We were just grateful for the healthy birth of two precious girls.

As you know, your Uncle Johnny predicted two boys and up until you always got it right. I can still remember my surprise when Beth was born and was convinced for five minutes that we would have a girl and a boy. I'm so glad that God gave us two girls that day!

Love, Dad

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Beth and Becky!

Lyndsay said...

Happy Birthday to Beth's twin sister, oh, and to Beth :)

Hope it was great!

Becky said...

Hope you both had a great birthday!

Mommy Vern said...

Love the post! And the picture of your mother, she looks so good!
BTW, Ana looks just like you in that picture of the two of you- and you two definitely look exactly alike, but then there's just a tiny fleck of difference. Does that make any sense? So here's to Becki & Beth for joining the over 30 club! Happy Belated Birthday!

Our Scoop said...

Happy Late Birthday!! I thought of you on the 1st!! I was traveling otherwise I would have emailed you! Great post!