Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Green time

Last weekend I went on an overnight women's retreat with others from our new church. It was so nice to get to know new people, and to spend time with an old friend whom I was rooming with.

By the time an hour of free time rolled around on Day 2, however, I was ready to recharge with some time alone. So I took a walk on the lovely retreat grounds, enjoying the gorgeous spring. This "green time" was just what I needed.

 photo PhotoGrid_1365912114424_zps0289cdce.jpg

I brought a little journal and did some writing under a tree. How can you not be peaceful and inspired, surrounded by such beauty?

1 comment:

Call Me Cate said...

Oh, how I can relate...

I have a certain get-together weekend planned with some very lovely ladies in a couple of months. I can barely contain myself, I'm so excited. And yet I know I will absolutely need some time to myself. I hope none of them will feel at all offended. It's truly not them, it's just my nature and my need to recharge.

Looks like you had an amazing place to recharge. Some journaling under a tree sounds amazing. I'm glad you had that opportunity. We all need to learn to hear ourselves, and to listen, in order to really properly recharge from these situations.