Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Micro: Brim bonanza

Apparently people like hat brims.

When I made my slouchy, faux-cable hat for a customer and added a brim at her request, I couldn't believe all the feedback I got at my C. Beth Crochet Facebook page. I'm thrilled to have designed something that so many people like! Here it is:

Photobucket

Next up? I'm making a hat for me...for me! I model all these hats that I love and them send them out to their owners. I've only kept one for me so far, and while I love the colors, it's not my favorite design. So I've got something in my head that I'm planning to try, and I'm psyched that I get to keep it this time!

6 comments:

silver star said...

I attended an auction over the weekend w/hockey players auctioning their jerseys off after a game, several of them had hats on similar to that. I guess they hide "helmet hair" well.

Megan Fletcher said...

i {heart} this hat! and, it looks absolutely fabulous on you...the long wisp of hair and your glasses. :-) You look so cute!

I wish I could wear hats. I've tried and just look silly. but, I love the ones you're making. You're so talented!

Unknown said...

Good for you! No sense in working so hard and not getting to enjoy any of the products for yourself. I can't wait to see what you make for yourself!

Eternal Lizdom said...

I love tha that!! Too cute!

Sandra said...

What a cute hat! And I love the way it fits you. It looks very comfortable. It's fun to see you enjoying and growing in a wonderful talent like this. Your hats are all just darling, but then maybe part of that is because they are always shown on such cute models! :)

LEstes65 said...

I think we need to measure MY noggin. And I'll even buy you the extra yards of yarn you'll need to cover said melon.