Monday, November 5, 2012

Turkey life cycle minibook for Thanksgiving lapbook

I really do want to blog about homeschooling. Really, I do! But I'm so busy homeschooling that I have trouble blogging about homeschooling.

I have all sorts of fun stuff I want to get up here about the great theme weeks we've been doing. But for now, I'm just going to quickly post something that other homeschoolers might be looking for in the next couple of weeks.

We are doing Thanksgiving lapbooks this week (using many of the ideas I've linked here.) I wanted to introduce a bit of science into the lapbook, so I made this minibook about the life cycle of a turkey. This is a quick and easy project and would even work well as a standalone Thanksgiving science activity.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Turkey Life Cycle Minibook

As always, feel free to use and reproduce this for noncommercial purposes; please just don't claim it as your own.

I showed Chickie pictures of turkey eggs, baby turkeys, and adult turkeys (found through Google Images searches) so that she could draw her own. Alternatively, you could print small pictures and glue them in.

Also, I'm behind on posting character traits. I'll get caught up with that soon! But going with the Thanksgiving theme, here's our character trait this week: Gratitude.

Character Trait Gratitude

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the turkey life cycle idea! We don't homeschool but I might print that out for Ian just for fun!