I'm kind of pooped from painting Chickie's wall. Which brings me to my first point of a "this 'n' that" blog post....
- I don't like painting rooms. I'm not that great at it. (Please don't look at the edges!) The set-up is boring and time-consuming. The clean-up is boring and time-consuming. The middle part (actually painting) isn't so bad, but as I said...it's not my forte. If painting only involved the center of walls--no edges--it would be kind of fun, or at least more bearable.
- I do like decorative painting. I'll have fun painting the dinosaurs on Chickie's wall. Some of you had great suggestions for non-permanent ways to get dinos on her wall, but I don't mind them being permanent. I like the look of it, and it's really not permanent at all. It's easy to paint over something like that because it's in the center of the wall. (See #1.)
- Did you know you're not supposed to use paper towels in the microwave unless they're labeled as microwave-safe? I've safely used paper towels for years, but today one caught on fire in my microwave. Yikes. Thankfully I safely got the fire out, but it was weird.
- I got one of these for $40 at Home Depot today:
- The reason I was at Home Depot was because I needed a second quart of paint to complete Chickie's wall. I loved the Behr Premium Plus Ultra paint, but that stuff is expensive, and the estimate for how many square feet can be covered with one can wasn't even close to being accurate for me. So...great paint, but assume you'll need more than the can says if you have textured walls.
Painting walls is not very fun.
Microwave fires are less fun than painting. But more exciting.
Oh, and...happy Independence Day!