Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Micro: Chickie the gymnast

Tonight Chickie is starting her first "extracurricular activity." (Is it still extracurricular when she's not in school yet? Eh, whatever.) She'll be going to a gymnastics class, and she is very excited!

So last week we bought her leotard at Target. The cost of the leotard, the cost of registration, the cost of the class...all worth it, just to get this photo:

Photobucket

I don't know whether the skills will come easily to her, or if they'll be challenging...but looking at that stance and that smile, I'm proclaiming her to already be a champion!

8 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

It looks like she's just stuck the perfect landing. I hope she loves it - we did a series on tumbling in middle school and I thought it was a blast.

The Clines said...

Marisa starts gymnastics this week too (on Wednesday)! Have fun Chickie! You look so cute in your leotard!

Dan & Hillary said...

Yeah, Miss A! These pix will be classics someday.

Due to Russell's friendship with a little girl, he now like to "practice ballerina"- which means spinning through his daily life;-)

Mellodee said...

9.8 -- the left hand needs a little work.... otherwise, Olympics here we come!!

:)

Eternal Lizdom said...

LOOK AT THAT SMILE!! She is BEAMING! I love it!!

Vixbil said...

Such a great picture I so agree with you on spending the money just for the picture
x

Angie said...

I love it! I'm sure she'll have a blast doing it. If nothing else, she's super cute.

Scriptor Senex said...

That smile makes her a certain winner.