Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Drumroll, please....

....I'm almost ready to open my Etsy shop!

But before I list all these, I'm going to give you all "first dibs." Check out the photos and prices below. These will all be listed on Etsy in another day or two, but until then, if you want any of them, just...
  • Comment here, "reserving" the hat(s) that you want, AND
  • Email me at cbethblog@gmail.com so that I have your contact info.
Note that I have comment moderation turned on, so on the off chance that two people request the same item before I've moderated comments, the first person will get it. I'll still handle these sales through Etsy, but instead of listing "your" hat for general sale, I'll create a custom listing for you so no one else can snatch up the hat you request.

I'll be taking custom orders too, so if you see any of these that you like, and you want one in a different color or size--or if you have another pattern in mind altogether--let me know! And even if you don't plan to purchase, I'd love to hear your feedback!

Ready? Here's my stock! (Click photos to see larger versions.)

1. Red Button Hat (from the Durango + Robin's Egg pattern on Simply Beans)
One size fits most women, diameter approx. 19", 45 cm (meant to stretch)



2. Green Poster Girl Hat (designed by C. Beth!)
One size fits most women, diameter approx. 19", 45 cm (meant to stretch)



(Color is more accurate on first two photos. Also, note that this hat is meant to stretch; when unstretched it doesn't look right.)

3. Light Purple Butterfly Hat (from the Olivia's Butterfly pattern on Vallie's Kids blog)
Fits my 4 year old with PLENTY of stretching room, should fit most younger grade school-aged girls. Diameter approx. 17.5", 45 cm.



4. Teal Butterfly Hat (from the Olivia's Butterfly pattern on Vallie's Kids blog)
Fits 4 year old partially stretched, probably would fit most girls age 3 through 6ish. 16.75", 43 cm.



5. Beige & White Beary Adorable Hat (from the Beary Adorable pattern on Army of Owls)
Fits my 2-year-old and my 4-year-old. Body of hat is crocheted with two strands of yarn, so it's extra-thick and doesn't have as much "stretchibility" as other hats. Fits 2T-4T, possibly 5T too. Approx. 17.5", 45 cm.





6. Pink Diamond Baby Hat (designed by C. Beth!)
Should fit most babies from the ages of 3-9 months. Diameter approx. 13.75", 35 cm.


Photobucket

7. Teal Ruffled Beret (designed by C. Beth!)
Fits 4 year old partially stretched, probably would fit most girls age 3 through 5ish. 16.75", 43 cm.
$7.50 This hat is a prototype and isn't perfect. The ruffles on bottom aren't as even as I'd like. It's still adorable, but I've listed it at a low price because the craftsmanship doesn't quite meet my full-price standard!



8. Brown and Blue Ripples & Waves Hat (designed by C. Beth!)
One size fits most women, diameter approx. 19", 45 cm (meant to stretch)

Two options available--see both photos. I wasn't sure whether I liked it best with the first border or the second. If the buyer prefers the first border, I'll take out the horizontal stitches. I think they'll come out fine, but if it messes up the hat, I'll happily make another for the buyer.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

I've got my eye on that bear hat but not quite enough to want to call dibs on it. Also, I have to say that in the third picture of Chickie with the beret in #7, she looks completely aloof. It's very French of her.

Anonymous said...

If you could do newborn hats like these:

http://www.google.com/products?expIds=17259,17291,17311,22881,25753,25854,25900,26207,26209,26218,26339,26446&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=newborn+knit+hats&cp=10&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=utGHTIqIOJS8sQPg5MiCCg&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&sqi=2&ved=0CEEQrQQwAg

I would order and/or send clients to order from you for when I do newborn shoots :) I LOVE little knit caps for babies! Adorable! I like the one where it has a long tail-ish thing so I can keep the baby modest :)

All the hats are really cute!

Claire

C. Beth said...

Claire--Adorable! I'll start working on a design soon. :)

SurvivorBlessing said...

okay, here I start my Christmas shopping list.... real early this year! Woo hoo.

I LIKE the RED one! You have plenty of time to make another one, if someone else can't wait!!! Really. I only need it before the 25th of December..... already have the girl in mind, too!

Of course, the rest of them are just as good looking. I love the bear hat!!! Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Just send me a link when you get the store up and running so I can check it out :)

-Claire

Mellodee said...

Boy, when you start a new hobby, you don't mess around do you? I'd still be struggling trying to make a decent chain stitch!

Good luck with your new venture!

Anonymous said...

Or here is a much better link. If I have to buy them I'd rather buy them from somebody I know though! :) So that would be cool if you start making them :-D

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=crochet+baby+hat&search_type=handmade&page=2

-Claire

Laurel said...

I like the last one, and of course I Love the one you gave me. I'm thinking Christmas presents :-).

becky s said...

Whoops, I was going to say I like the last one. Looks like Laurel beat me to it. Did anyone claim the green one? I like it, too.