Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Micro: Cakeasaurus!

I had the true pleasure of making another baby shower cake this weekend! The hostess requested a dinosaur theme.

Photobucket
(Click to enlarge.)

The cake said, "Welcome, Baby Smithasaur!" (Except the last name wasn't "Smith.")

My favorite part was the dino baby hatching out of his egg, gazing up at his mama.

Photobucket

I used a doctored-up cake mix, and the cake was really good. The recipe I used is called Not-So-Plain Vanilla Cake. Wilton Buttercream and my Marshmallow Fondant completed the picture, and the fondant turned out even better than last time.

I usually don't mind my cakes being cut, but for some reason this time it made me just a smidge sad. Nothing a good slice of cake couldn't fix though!

5 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Very cute baby dino! My brother had a birthday cake of dinosaurs one year but it was a lot more ferocious.

Eternal Lizdom said...

Such talent!! I love seeing your cake creations! I wish you lived close by... I'd love for you to do a cake for my family sometime!

Unknown said...

that is an awesomely cute cake! Hope it tasted as good as it looks. And you have the picture of it uncut as a memory

Mike said...

Nice work! This is AWESOME! :O

Sandra said...

Beth -- I hope you are taking pictures from all angles of these great cakes you are making. They'll be great to use in your brochure when you start your birthday cake baking business! ;p