Sunday, February 28, 2010

What a view (and I'm just talking about the bathroom!)

The Engineer and I had a great time on our short little getaway--it was just what this busy mama needed! Some pictures...

First we drove into the city where we were staying, and went to a late lunch at a posh steakhouse. We enjoyed excellent food and beautiful art deco decor. I mean, check out the bathroom. (Yes, that's a TV mounted behind the mirror. Just in case you need to catch up on the news while you powder your nose....)

Photobucket

And here we are, full of the best calamari ever, steak, and Bananas Foster:

Photobucket

After that, we headed to a theatre and saw the movie Crazy Heart (which was awesome.) When it was over I used my phone to take a picture, and we discovered that the flash is killer to eyes still adjusting to the light.

Photobucket

We headed to our hotel, where our 12th-floor room had this view:

Photobucket

In the evening, we relaxed in bed with the computer and watched Lost episodes on Netflix Instant. (No spoilers, please; we're only on Season 2!)

Photobucket

Saturday morning we wanted to take advantage of the hike-and-bike trail that passed behind our hotel. (Here's a view of it from our window.) We headed out for some walking and jogging and worked off a little of the rich food we'd had the day before!

Photobucket

We wrapped up the trip with an early lunch and some shopping.

Our trip was wonderful. I love my guy!

11 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

It sounds wonderful, you guys look so happy... glad it was so perfect!!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Sounds like a great trip - and I can't get over that TV in the bathroom! :)

Call Me Cate said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love all the pictures but I think the movie theater one is the best. I'm so glad you were able to get away together. Without the kids!

Our Scoop said...

WOW! Sounds fantastic!!!! You guys look so cute together :) I am so glad you had some time away together. Talk about going all out and making it super special!! Nice!!!!!! BETH! Your hair looks so pretty long. I love it. I can't believe how fast it grows! I am SUPER jealous :) It took me like 3 years to grow mine out and it still is not considered long...

Mellodee said...

Lovely idea, you two!! And the best news, is that you didn't have a bunch of travel to get there!

Christina Barkley said...

Looks like it was a blast! Very cool!

Unknown said...

simply awesome, you guys look so incredibly in love. Glad you guys had so much fun.

I want to go somewhere this weekend as it is our 15th yr anniversary.

Unknown said...

I wont ask where you stayed but where did you eat? Love super modern and sleek

Unknown said...

Beth, want to mention the pics are great, love the one with you and your engineer's eyes half closed due to the camera flash. So funny

Sasha said...

That sounds divine! Glad you had a good time.

LEstes65 said...

Loved going on this trip with you (cyber-world-ishly).

PS - you should wear your glasses more often. You look really cute in them.