Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Meet Drew

Thank you to everyone for the support while my relatives and the rest of their team are detained in Haiti! If you have a few minutes, I'd like to introduce you to Drew, my first cousin who is part of that team. He is from Topeka, Kansas, and one of the local news stations there did a story on him. I think they did a fantastic job showing what kind of man he is.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to embed this video in my post, but if you'd like to watch it, click here, and you'll see the video on the right side of the screen.

Drew's sister's husband Paul and his son Silas are also part of the team. I am getting most of my information from the various stories listed on Google News; if you'd like to keep up with the story, open this link and refresh it occasionally to see new stories.

5 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

I saw an interview with someone on CNN... someone from the church, I think. I don't recall his name.

They've been in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Drew and the others are in my prayers, Beth. My guess is that they are getting some unique opportunities to witness their faith while they're being held. I'm sure they'll be released soon.

Call Me Cate said...

Still praying for good news! I hope they get their hearing today and it goes well.

Mike said...

That's fantastic! I felt so upset when I heard about the people being arrested in Haiti on the news because I believe that so many of them have the children's best interests at heart. All the best to you and yours!

Elaine's Semi-Homemade Life said...

Prayers for them!

I actually lived in Topeka for a year after college... small world!