- The term "BFF" (which I'm assuming still means "Best Friends Forever" as it did when I was in junior high in the stone age) bugs me. Do I want to tie myself to a girlfriend for LIFE like I've committed myself to my husband? I love you, my girlfriends who read this! But it's natural in life, as we go through changes, for friendships to grow, and to wane. The term "best friend" is fine, but I'm hesitant to use the word "forever" unless I'm wearing your ring on the third finger on my left hand.
- Hollywood Week on American Idol just might be my favorite week of the show.
- You should make this bread; it's awesome: Whole Grain Challah With Cranberries and Orange Zest.
- After fighting a sore knee and then a lack of energy and motivation the last couple of weeks, my running is back on track. Tuesday I ran 5 km in my fastest time yet (33:15.) It felt great!
- The Engineer and I have "helped" put away toys in the living room way too many times. ("Helping" usually equating to us doing most of the work.) We're going to crack down and require the kids to pull their weight. Chickie does a good job cleaning her own room; she can do the same thing in the living room.
- As the judge in Haiti continues to investigate the missionaries, we are hoping and praying they will be released very soon.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Random brain bits, delivered to your computer screen
I really shouldn't wait until almost 10 p.m. to blog, because I can tell in advance, this is gonna be a post full of randomness. Here goes: