Microwave Scalloped Potatoes
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 c. sliced potatoes
1 small onion, sliced thin
Grated cheese (optional)
1. Melt butter in microwave, at full power, in medium-sized bowl. Stir in flour.
2. In a separate container, heat milk, uncovered, at 50% power, for 2 minutes. Stir milk into flour mixture until smooth. Add salt and pepper.
3. Cook, uncovered, at 50% power, for 5-6 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Stir twice during cooking time.
4. In 2-quart microwavable casserole, combine potatoes, onions, and white sauce. Cover with waxed paper. Cook at full power 9 minutes. Stir.
5. Cover and cook at full power for 9-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Optional: Near end of cooking time, stir grated cheese into potatoes to taste, and/or sprinkle cheese on top.
(Note this is an older recipe, and with the high wattages of many newer microwaves, you may need to reduce cook times.)