Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tacos, anyone? No? Well, how about some tropical fruit?

I'll start this post with a confession. Yes, we sometimes eat fast food. Yes, even our toddler eats it. Taco Bell and Taco Cabana are both popular in our household. Taco Bell is decent and dirt cheap. Taco Cabana, though, is far better--much better food and still affordable. Mmm...Taco Cabana....

"Chickie," I said this morning, "We're going to go pick up Auntie Sis and go to lunch."

"Where we going?"

"I don't know."

She pondered this then came up with a suggestion. "I think we going to Taco Bell."

"No," I responded. "I don't think we're going to Taco Bell."

Pause, then another suggestion from our three-foot-tall food critic.

"We going to Taco Banana!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Don't sweat it! You're secret is safe with me :-). I have to admit that when my middle son was around three, we were in the bank drive thru and he started yelling that he wanted "nuggies!" -McDonald's chicken nuggets. Yeah, not a proud parenting moment.

mullensfam said...

Ha! I thought this was a funny story! I understand. The other night, Thomas was drawing a picture. He drew our church (blue) and then he drew a pink scribble. I said, what is that...he said, "Taco Cabana...where we eat after church." Wow! I was so pleased. It could have been worse...I am thankful we don't eat at Hooters or something!

Shannon said...

How adorable. I love it when little ones say things that aren't quite right! Cute story!

Unknown said...

If you get bored with this stuff, just send her to us. We'll have tacos and bananas every day! (Sampa)

headscratching said...

and Taco Cabana has beer! Yay, beer!

Mommy Vern said...

How funny! BTW, I love her hair in the picture about cutting her bangs. So cute!