Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sprinklers...and life vests

Friday, we went to a local outdoor mall that has a nice splash pad. (Marketing has become so creative, hasn't it? Get the kids to the mall for free sprinklers; and maybe the parents will go into the stores and restaurants for some non-free items.) We were there with Ann and her family.

Zoodle delighted me when we took off his shirt and and he asked,

"Mommy, can I have my life vest?"

I'm not sure if he understood my explanation of why life vests aren't necessary at splash pads, but he willingly ran off to get wet.

Photobucket

At one point, all four kids decided that they wanted more of a full-body experience.

Photobucket

Our temperatures have been hitting triple digits almost every day, with heat indexes at times several degrees higher. If this goes on for long, adults may start bringing their bathing suits to the splash pads too!

Thanks to Ann for the photos!

5 comments:

Bobbi said...

Great marketing! And there isn't anything wrong with adults jumping into the splash pad!

p.s. Isn't this weather awful? Was it better in Yuma? :)

Tiffany said...

I like that splash pad! You don't get the crowds that the other ones have and you don't have to stress out trying to keep track of your kid among the millions of others. Great pictures too :o)

Mellodee said...

Darn, kids get to have all the fun!!!

I'm pretty sure that if I played in a splash pad, "they" would come and carry away the crazy old lady! Sure looks cool, tho.....

Toni said...

Now THAT looks like fun! I might not bring my suit but if it was hot enough I'm not sure you could keep me out of the water! :)

Vixbil said...

Splash pads are such a great idea that really haven't managed to get over here yet!!!!!!!!! But with our hotter weather we could really do with them...great fun xx