Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hat swap!

Recently I designed & crocheted this cow hat for my fantastic friend LEstes65.

Photobucket

When LEstes posted it on Facebook, her friend Bill saw it. He commissioned this black & red hat (also designed by me--and great for girls or guys!)

Photobucket

And Bill offered to barter, so I got my very own fleece hat, handmade by him!

Photobucket

I love that I can make a little money by selling hats, but doing a swap was really a fun alternative! (You gotta admit, the hat looks far better on my head than money does!)

Now if only it wasn't so hot and humid outside....

I haven't posted much about crochet in my blog recently, but I do put my hats on my C. Beth Crochet Facebook page, so feel free to follow me there.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome trade! You look great in that fleece hat, and the dude rocks your hat as well. Win-Win!

SurvivorBlessing said...

I love the hat - I mean the one you are wearing. Looks awesome, and I think this was a fair trade....

Bill said...

Whew I am sure glad everyone likes the hat and thinks it was a fair trade because I was so nervous and the hat I got was insanely awesome.

LEstes65 said...

I can't wait for winter so I can wear my cow hat all the time!

fedricsonya said...

Whew I am abiding animated anybody brand the hat and thinks it was a fair barter because I was so afraid and the hat I got was crazily awesome.

Cheap Hats

tratamiento colesterol said...

I love the hat - I think what you wear. Sounds impressive, and I think it was a fair trade ....