Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Micro: Downside of having a kitty cat cake

Kids are always vocal about which cake pieces they want. "I want a corner!" "I want the one with a flower on it!" "I want one with lots of icing!" (Actually, the "lots of icing" thing is what most of the requests come down to, isn't it?)

But it's just weird when the cake is in the shape of a kitty cat. "I want the eyes!" "I want the back paws!" "I want the rear end!" "I want the tail!"

Thankfully, the oddness of eating various parts of a kitty cat didn't seem to be weird enough to keep any of the kids from chowing down.

4 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

I sometimes watch "Ace of Cakes" and they've talked several times about how weird it is to make cakes shaped like animals, especially beloved pets, because it's odd to then hack it apart with a knife and eat it.

But oh so yummy!

Melody said...

I couldn't agree more! My brother celebrated his 50th last week. His cake had a guy on it who was lying "over the hill". My seven year-old declares, "I want the buttocks!"

Autumn said...

Haha! Yeah I did a Barbie doll cake for Jessica's birthday once (you have a real doll sticking out of the top of the cake) Kids kept asking if they could actually eat Barbie. It was cute in a psycho killer kind of way....lol jk

Our Scoop said...

Very funny!!!