I'd love to hear what meals you throw together, from the items in your fridge, freezer, and cupboards. Please leave your suggestions in the comments. Here are some of ours:
- Pasta salad (Yesterday's version included whole wheat rotini, chopped up cheese, baby spinach, carrots, tomatoes, celery, white beans, artichoke hearts, green olives, chopped pepperoni, and a couple types of salad dressing. I was feeling creative--I usually don't throw in that many ingredients!)
- Bean and cheese burritos
- Cheese quesadillas (grilled on the stovetop)
- Breakfast for dinner (in various incarnations)
- Tuna sandwiches
- Frozen chicken breasts, which can be seasoned and then baked...without thawing!
- Pizza (Since I usually have bread dough in the fridge, I can easily make pizza--individual-size or full-size--as long as I keep a few other ingredients on hand. I have started keeping shredded mozzarella in the freezer so I have it when I need it.)
- Baked potatoes with toppings
Looking forward to your suggestions!