Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cute, cute, cute handmade dress

I have a secret.

I'm lucky when it comes to blog contests. I don't win them all, but I have won a few. And I was thrilled to win a recent contest over at ChiggerBytes. Chiggerbytes is a blog connected with Chigger Hill Cottage, an Etsy shop full of adorable, handmade, little girls' clothes. The shop owner designs and sews all the clothing herself, and her designs are so charming.

My prize for winning was a dress for Chickie, and a requirement of the contest was for the winner to blog about the dress. No problem there--it's so cute I probably would have shared it with all of you anyway!

When the package arrived in the mail, the wrapping was a really cute paisley paper, and inside the dress and matching hair bow were nicely packaged.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The dress itself is beautiful!

Photobucket

And the work is so high-quality. Look at those gorgeous pleats, covered buttons, and expert gathering.

Photobucket

The bodice is fully-lined, and there are even professional tags including washing instructions!

Photobucket

The dress won't fit until next summer, but I had Chickie model it for me anyway.

Photobucket

She was not in a modeling mood.

Photobucket

But even a sulking little girl can look pretty cute, if she's got on the right outfit.

Photobucket

I love this dress so much, and now I'm finding myself a little disappointed that I ordered it in a larger size! So I've ordered a different outfit in Chickie's current size, and I'll be sure to post a picture of it when it arrives.

To check out Chigger Hill Cottage, go to these links:
Etsy shop (Mention in the comments that you came from C. Beth Blog to get free shipping!)
Follow @ChiggerHill on Twitter
Read ChiggerBytes the blog, where there will be another giveaway soon!

10 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

I wish I had any talent for sewing. The work in this dress really blows my mind. Absolutely beautiful! I'm sure Chickie will find a better mood to enjoy it in, at least sometime between now and next summer when it fits. ;)

Fannyfanackapan said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous dress! Chickie looks so cute in it, even in the larger size. I love the picture of her sitting by the window. The work on the dress is really good. What a lovely thing to win.

Our Scoop said...

WOW! Amazing! That is gorgeous! And Chickie is a beautiful model with a cute pout! That's what models do!!

Lyndsay said...

Aw Beth, I LOVE IT! I've been scouting Etsy for some clothes for Kate. I'll check out their shop!

caryn said...

What a beautiful dress and of course Chickie is a doll. I love the one by the window.

Unknown said...

Chickie is so attractive! Since she got her orneriness from her Grammy, I'm glad she got something from me. :)

2cats said...

Such wonderful craftsmanship. It is truly a work of art.
She is a lucky little girl to have a mommy who wins contests.

Steph said...

What a gorgeous dress! If I had a daughter, she'd wear dresses like that!
Chickie makes an awfully cute model even when she's grouchy... :)

Gussie Gurl said...

Cannot wait till I have a granddaughter to order one of these dresses for. They are so adorable, she does wonderful work!

Tubby Tabby's Jewelbox
http://www.tubbytabby.etsy.com

Danté said...

Beautiful! She does such lovely work and really pays close attention to details.