Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday thanks and prayer

Thank you so much to each of you who commented on yesterday's post. The comments were so encouraging--as I expected they'd be! Thank you for coming through for me, again! I responded to all the comments, in my own comment.

I loved one thing that Sandra wrote, and wanted to share it. In case you don't "know" Sandra, she has a really fantastic blog calle Add Humor and Faith...Mix Well. It is funny and inspirational, and as I've said before, I'd like to just sit down and have a cup of tea with her. Or maybe coffee; I'm more on a coffee kick these days. With some half and half, but no sugar. Mmm....

Where was I?

Oh, yeah. Here's what Sandra said. I'm hoping by typing it out, it'll stick in my head so that I'll remember it for the next couple of decades.

The prayer I said many times during the child-rearing years was this: "Please diminish the things I do wrong, and enhance the things I do right, because I haven't a clue which is which!"

Now, that's my kind of prayer.

Thank you again for being such an encouraging group of blog readers. Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Ah, very wise words from Sandra. And words that apply well beyond child-rearing.

Heather said...

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes...me too. This is perfect!!! Thanks for posting her comment in this way, I may have missed it otherwise and SO needed this reminder of a prayer :o).

LEstes65 said...

Amen to that!!! I'm always asking God to make me the mom my boys need. And what they need changes. God sure is growing me to meet those needs. But the biggest aid he gave me in this is the butt-load of family he has provided. My parents, my church, my 'hood. Thank goodness I'm not doing this alone!

Anonymous said...

Beth -- If my prayer helps you and other young mothers have some peace while you're doing your important, challenging job of parenting, I'm delighted!

Sandra