I was tagged by ElleBee to reveal seven things about me you might not know. I'm taking "you" to mean things those of you who haven't known me for years. Here we go....
1. My identical twin sister and I were co-valedictorians of our high school class. We were both very competitive and that was the result.
2. The first poem I remember writing was when I was seven. Here it was:
I love to splash in puddles.
I love to run in the rain.
I love to open my umbrella.
It's just like a game.
Rain helps things grow
As you probably know
And this has been a long enough poem
So I think I'll have to go.
Apparently I ran out of descriptors for rain at about the sixth line.
3. I have really bad eyes. When I finally got contacts I could sleep in, The Engineer said, "Oh, that's too bad! Now I can't keep making faces at you in the morning before you put your contacts in, knowing you won't be able to tell what I'm doing!"
4. I love the movie The Princess Bride. Say it with me, fellow fans! "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
5. My sister and I had a paper route in high school. We took it over from our brother, who had been a paper carrier for years before graduating. Eventually my mom helped us with it, too. I was so embarrassed but now I think back to what an ideal job it was for a busy high school kid. And riding my bike was great exercise!
6. I've had 17 teeth pulled--four permanent teeth, ten baby teeth that weren't coming out quickly enough for my orthodontist, and my three wisdom teeth (didn't have a fourth.) I used to like going to get baby teeth pulled because they gave me laughing gas. I think I'm lucky I'm not a drug addict now.
7. When I was pregnant with Chickie I cut 12 inches off my hair. I've kept it pretty short ever since but I'm now in the process of growing it out again.
I've been instructed to tag seven people (since seven is the magic number here), so, no obligation, but if you'd like to play, please do--Bri, Becky, lestes65, Caroline, Mommazilla, Hillary, Dad, and anyone else who wants to play.
By the way, this is my second post today. Be sure to check out the first as it's a must-read...unless you're dieting. Then stay far, far away.